Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My Vision

Here we are, folks. Going on two months since we moved out of our beloved little cottage, to embark on the torture adventure that is home remodeling. I can honestly say at this point, I'd almost rather get my oil changed every day (there's nothing I despise more), than be so out of control of a place we hold so near and dear to our hearts. So while there are a lot of things that are NOT in my control (pouring foundation, framing, roofing, etc...) there are, thank heavens, a few glorious things that ARE. 

Let's just focus on those things. My happy creative place. 

My dream for this kitchen was (and still is, luckily) a combination of a few places -- first place -- Schiller's NYC...It was one of our favorite places to hang on Saturday mornings down on the Lower East Side - loved everything about it - the vintage subway tiles, the dark grout, the lighting, the awesome sink in the bathroom, everything (it didn't hurt that the eggs Benedict were off the chain, too).


And then I went and combined Schiller's with one of my other favorite restaurants - French Blue in Napa, (I could and would happily take up residence in this restaurant if I didn't think it would land me on the front page of the Napa Valley Register for all the wrong reasons) and voila, you've got yourself my vision.


While my vision is solid - time (and a very strict budget provided by a certain husband of mine) will tell whether or not such a delectable combination can exist in our quaint little home.  

So until that day comes when everything "just comes together" as my contractor so eloquently puts it, I'll just continue using my creative eye and envision the potential that lies beyond this blue tarp. My EXTREMELY, THINK BEYOND THE BOX AND HOPE FOR A MIRACLE creative eye...



There's no place like home... There's no place like home...


Peace and love, my friends, 
SBW

 


1 comment:

  1. Those cafes are adorable! Admiring your creative vision, and one that will turn out quite beautiful I'm sure. See you at Thanksgiving :) xo

    ReplyDelete